[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE7UF M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VE7UF M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:24:17 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VA7RN VE7AX VA7FC VE7JO VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: IOTA NA36 Courtenay
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  300   586       52      12    13
   40:  458   993       50      45    17
   20:  785  1811       55      70    30
   15:  910  2232       49      77    33
   10:  481  1062       44      47    18
Total: 2934  6684      250     251   111  Total Score = 4,090,608

Club: ORCA DX and CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Regular team operators VA7FC, VE7AX, VA7RN joined myself, VE7UF, for another
CQWW RTTY DX contest.  Al, VE7JO, was in the area and we talked him into
joining us for his first RTTY experience.  With more than two bands open at a
time we could have used more operators.  We were fatigued at the finish line
(time).  We were greeted by another storm, which is all too typical but it
wasn't severe and only caused lots of rain noise.  The storm got worse the  day
after the contest and my power was out for 4 hours.  Besides having one amp
failure the station was perfect and N1MM was flawless except our spots were off
frequency.  It cost us some mults and it was to bad it took us so long to figure
out what was wrong with the band map.  It was great to have sun spots back.

80M was the same as last year.  Lots of NA Qs but little DX.  40M was much
worse than last year.  Worked more EU but very bad DX and general activity the
first day.  The first JA we worked the second day was a double mult!  20M was
intermittently good.  Had the best run to EU for years the first evening.  15M
was the best band and we could have done better if we had more than one stack
of antennas all in the same direction on the one tower dedicated to it. 10M was
a pleasant surprise.  I'm getting closer to being able to use the two tribander
stacks here on all bands at the same time.  I didn't get the new switching
finished in time.

Our thanks to all that called.  CUL in the CQWW DX CW.

Duane VE7UF