[3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 05:00:33 -0700
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Sep 29

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

   80:  25
   40:  42
   20:  14
-------------------
Total:  81     53  Total Score = 4,293

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  Thanks to CWT, I missed
the end of the miserable loss of the Atlanta Braves to the Philadelphia Phillies
completing one of the worst September collapses in MLB history (only exceeded
this year by the collapse of the Boston Red Sox).  So my mind may not have been
totally on the CWT, but it was fun.  Just before the contest period started, 20M
seemed almost totally dead, in stark contrast to the past week or ten days.  I
heard K6RB working KH6LC, but Lloyd couldn't even figure out my call when I was
calling him.  CA stations were very weak and only W1AW could be heard from the
east coast.  So, I started on 40, which was the big band for the night, but
without most of the usual Europeans.  I did work SM6CNN and non-member F3NB.
After nine minutes, I went to 20 and found the west coast now workable plus
KH6LC and AH6RE and close in guys W4NZ, K5KG, and N4ZZ.  80M was noisy on the
transmit antenna, but OK using my 40M wire on receive.  West coast signals were
quite good, often exceeding signals from the east coast, where the signals were
generally weak and watery.  Nice to work fellow SECC member and Georgian K2UFT
on 40 and 80.  Thanks for all QSOs and see you next time.  73, John, K4BAI.