[3830] TxQP K5OT(@K5TR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP K5OT(@K5TR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:28:24 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K5OT
Operator(s): K5OT
Station: K5TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BLAN
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   54      0
   40:  194    146
   20:  204    568
   15:  119     87
   10:   83      1
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  654    802      0  Mults = 243  Total Score = 854,598

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The Texas QSO Party has really grown in popularity over the past few years, and
I've had some interesting TQP adventures since my first entry in 1998. Most
were operated while in motion - either as a single-op mobile or more recently
as part of a multi-op mobile team with various combinations of K5NA, K5DU,
W5ZL, NO5W, and K5AV.  Those multi-op trips were indescribable.  As a change of
pace this year, I chose the single-op fixed approach and bypassed the
camaraderie, big Texas scenery, and petrol expense.

Thanks to George K5TR for the opportunity to contest at his station over the
weekend.  A great QTH, SO2R capabilities and many antenna choices helped keep
things interesting.

NO5W is a tireless ambassador and promoter of the Texas QSO Party, and his
guidance is the core reason that this contest has exploded in popularity in
recent years.  Well done (again) Chuck and NARS!

It seemed to me like there was a particularly good group of mobiles this year
... both in number and in ability. My vote for top new mobile entry goes to
WD5IYT - watch out for Jim in future contests!

Finally, thanks to the Central Texas DX and Contest Club members for their
activity in TQP.  I can't begin to list all of your calls that I heard on the
bands.  W5RQ & W5ZL did a great job motivating the club to get involved in this
annual event.  NR5M (with K5GA/K3TD) kept the club call W5CT busy with some big
numbers from George's WALLER county QTH.  It's terrific to have a such a broad
base of club members that actively participate in the TQP each year.

73,
Larry K5OT