[3830] SAC SSB LN3Z(LA3BO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB LN3Z(LA3BO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 10:47:06 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: LN3Z
Operator(s): LA3BO
Station: LA3Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:  189    36
   40:  263    40
   20:  366    48
   15:  470    54
   10:  251    36
-------------------
Total: 1539   214  Total Score = 844,658

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

I was given the opportunity to run the contest from this fine station, and did
not hesitate long. The conditions also started out very promising, and I hoped
to be able to pass the 1 mill mark. But during the night, the aurora struck in,
and rate became quite low. I was also surprised in the middle of the night to
find myself in the middle of total darkness. I soon found out that there was a
general power outage in the area, so I just had to wait and see. I used the
opportunity for some sleep, and I had my eyes closed in about 40 min before the
light came back.

Although I prefer CW contests, I cannot resist an opportunity like this. It was
great to have some real runs on 10 and 15m, and this is hopefully an indication
about what we can expect for the WW contetst later this fall.

Thanks to all who called, and in particular the stations which found me on all
bands. Also thanks to Oystein, LA6YEA, for his hospitality and the use of his
setup.

73, Svein
LA3BO