[3830] JARTS N2FF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ff@optonline.net
Subject: [3830] JARTS N2FF Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:42:10 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: East Williston, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   45   108    28
   20:  131   361    58
   15:  192   532    73
   10:  221   644    74
-------------------------
Total:  589  1645   230  Total Score = 378,350

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

This was a great contest with great conditions.  Unfortunately there was a
conflict with the NY QSO Pary contest on Satuday so I did not spend full time
at JARTS with less than 20 hours total. Conditions were much better than last
year so there should be some really BIG scores in 2011. Were I to have
submitted
this years score in 2010 I would have come in number 12 world wide low power.
It's going to be interesting to see the results for 2011.  I could be in the
top 100, I hope.

Ten and fifteen were alive with the sound of RTTY while 20 was at times
deserted because all the action was on the higher bands.  It was great to see
so many Asian and JA statioions and be able to work them with only 100 watts.
And the opening was for a long time. In years past I have been able to hear the
long DX but not always been able to work them.  That was not the case this year.
 Nearly all were workable.  But BV100 again eluded me for a new one.  There were
a few new band modes on 10 and 15 but no new countries.  Signals Sunday night on
10 were great!

I cannaot help but note that there was almost no aroral flutter on those strong
JJA signals. I have been on RTTY since 1965 and I do not remember so much JA
activity in previous contests, but then this is a JARTS contest. Age may be
getting to me here.

AAnd yes, it was nice to see some low age numbers.  One stations sent 22 and I
had him send it again thinking I had a garble and I printed but did not work a
station send 12.  That is encouraging because I worked too many stations
sending
72 and higher.

On Saturday I worked 67 stations in one hour - my highest rate every with ono
radio and 100 watts. Thanks to all who worked me.  Please do it again soon.