[3830] NyQP W2LC MobileCW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP W2LC MobileCW QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:14:11 -0700
                    New York QSO Party

Call: W2LC
Operator(s): W2LC
Station: W2LC

Class: MobileCW QRP
QTH: Various
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:   30
   20:   79
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:  109     0       0  Mults = 30  Total Score = 6,540

Club:

Comments:

Operated from Onondaga (ONO), Oswego (OSW), Jefferson (JEF), St. Lawrence (STL),
Franklin (FRA), and Clinton (CLI) counties.

Funny Story, well kind of. A NY State troop pulled me over Friday night on the
way home from the Clarkson University hockey game in Potsdam. A burnt out
headlight. Then 10 miles later I got pulled over again, same thing, I just
handed the second trooper my license, registration and the first ticket when he
walked up. The first guy was very professional, a credit to the NY State
troopers, the second guy was a jerk. I guess he didn't like me pre-empting his
"do you know why I pulled you over" speech. After that I turned my brights on,
otherwise I would have gotten pulled over 3 or 4 more times. There is a trooper
about every 10 miles on Route 11 from Watertown to Potsdam.

I got home about 1:00AM, about 45 minutes later than normal due to the traffic
stops and the rain. So I slept in a bit and spent Saturday morning loading the
van and fixing the headlight. I didnâ??t want a repeat on Saturday night,
therefore I got a late start. So going to Lewis, Hamilton and Essex bit the
dust. I also had a time limit, I went to the Clarkson hockey game Saturday
night too, game time was 7PM.

Why go to the Clarkson hockey games? It is one of those good news, band news
things. I won the year end raffle last year and the prize was season tickets to
the Clarkson menâ??s hockey games.  The bad news is, it is a 143 mile drive from
home, each way. My youngest daughter goes to Clarkson, so I meet her there,
watch the game and take her to dinner either before or afterwards. The games
are fun to watch too, after all itâ??s big time division I hockey! Well you
know, itâ??s NNY its cold, its snowy and you go to the hockey game! Besides,
have you ever been to Potsdam? The hockey game is THE big event over the
weekend!

The ride to Clinton County was longer than I thought, so only 13 QSOâ??s from
there, and I just made it back to Potsdam in time for the hockey game. The rain
was really heavy at times and the wind was blowing pretty hard, which made it
very difficult.

Thanks to all for the QSOâ??s especially HA8IB (4) and LY5A (5), SP5SA (4),
PA3ARM, UA3AGW, YV5OIE, HB9DAX, DR5MM, OK1DVM.  I was only running 5 watts
(FT-817) to the usual hamsticks on 20 and 40, so nice ears!

73 Scott W2LC