[3830] JARTS AB1J Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS AB1J Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:29:57 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 20:26

   80:   45   91    10
   40:   36   77    16
   20:
   15:
   10:  243  679    69
------------------------
Total:  324  847    95  Total Score = 80,465

Club:

Comments:

Last time I had a physical the doctor looked at my chart, shook
his head and said, "Hmmm, it looks like you're 69. I'd like to get
that down a little."

Yeah.

In my first JARTS I sent 66 and now it's crept up to 69.  Not an
encouraging trend and everyone can follow it in their logs. So much for
medical privacy.

The project this weekend was to revive my basement 80/40m station and its
antenna (a "perverted L" jammed into my small back yard)
which I haven't used since the ARRL RTTY RU in January. The station is
a conglomeration of discards which would have been fine in
the late, great 20th century but is a bit long in the tooth now. I
found a chopped radial to repair and had to buy some new cables and
chokes and generally clean up and reorganize. It's an OK CW setup,
but nothing to write home about for RTTY and SSB.

I spent enough time on 80 and 40 to test things, but those weren't the
happenin' places this weekend.  10m was where it was at. I did a 15m single
band operation in the WW RTTY three weeks back and wasn't able to
experience the ressurrection of 10m then, so I gave it a whirl now.  What
a blast! Once I got started, I couldn't stop. There were JAs all over the
place Saturday evening. I haven't worked a JA on 10m since early 2002.

I hope things continue in this vein. I'm excited about the new 10m RTTY
contest in December. We could have a real treat in store.

73,
Kermit, AB1J