[3830] CQWW SSB VE3CV SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3CV SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:50:01 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Varna
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:  319    14       33
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Did SOSB80 LP using my new call since last effort was as VE3FRX.  Beat my 2009
score by 3,000, so was happy with effort.  A lot more fun and easier on the
ears using Beverages to listen with.

Was impossible (for me) to get into Eastern EU (Zone 15) on Friday night.
Frustrating to hear all the VE3s getting in with a couple of calls.  Really had
to wait until late greyline to make any EU Qs.  Got to find a better phonetic
than Victor for V as most stations had trouble with my last letter.  Victoria
works OK, but still a problem.

Better conditions on Saturday night but still couldn't find an Italian station
using a Beverage or quiet QTH to hear my 100 watts.  Had some great W/K runs to
up the Q totals.  Thanks to those who spotted me and thanks to all the ops who
come out for this great contest.  Back to all band next year.
73
Jeff
VE3CV