[3830] CQWW SSB W3UA SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W3UA SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 18:10:56 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3UA
Operator(s): W3UA
Station: W3UA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   18     7       11
   80:  246    20       71
   40:  566    26      103
   20:  659    34      101
   15:  911    33      108
   10: 1079    30      110
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What can I say... Started contest as single op assisted, around 24 hours into
the contest was forcefully converted to "unassisted" in all respects -- I lost
both power and internet. While automatic diesel generator kicks in in 15
seconds, and 8 KW UPS supports all transceivers, computers and power amplifiers
for my M/S setup while generator is starting, so transition from utility power
goes completely smooth at my QTH.... Comcast always shuts down internet after
about 30 minutes after the local power outage. So I lost all my beloved spots.
If it were CW, I could still rely on my skimmer, but on SSB...

So I just forgot about serious competition, and enjoyed the pileups I NEVER had
at my NH QTH. When my rate meter was hitting above 300 Q/hr -- first time in my
life -- I really had fun. Ten was terrific!