[3830] CQWW SSB K1LT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K1LT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:18:04 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Ohio EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 26.5

  160:   20     9       13
   80:   51    12       41
   40:   86    14       46
   20:  198    31       89
   15:  180    33       91
   10:  664    35      111
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

800 kHz of DX!  10 Meters Almost Used Up!

Those words might be the headlines if tabloid newspapers covered ham
radio.

I didn't intend to make this contest a full time effort, but the
availability of nice propagation and a working beam antenna made even
phone operation reasonably pleasant.  So I wound up spending 25.5
hours contesting, which must be a record for me on phone.

I couldn't quite work 100 countries on one band in 24 hours.  It took
39 hours because I started the contest on 10 meters but if I ignore
the first 3 countries worked in the first few minutes, then I worked
100 different countries on 1 band over a 26 hour period (much of which
was spent sleeping.

It was thrilling to work all 40 zones.  Working a few stations on 6
bands is also fun (thanks PJ2T, DR1A, DF0HQ, and a few others).

Finally, even with the all the fun on the high bands I also enjoyed
working a new country on 160 meters.  I hope C37N does LoTW.

Equipment: K3, ETO 91B (thanks K8ND for the eternal loan), 160: 65
foot "Tee" & 60 radials; 80: "cage" around the "Tee" plus antenna
tuner which needs returned for nearly every contact; 40: full sized
ground mounted vertical, 20-10: Cushcraft X7 up 62 feet; and 12
Beverages and a phased array.

PS: for a while I put the SE Beverage on the auxiliary input of the K3
second receiver while operating 10 meters.  For a time, many US
stations were very loud on the Beverage while they were not so loud
but distinctly delayed (back-scatter?) on the beam pointed at Europe.

Count 2 more multipliers for TX5A who remains a mystery to WriteLog.