[3830] CQWW SSB WC7CW SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WC7CW SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:29:27 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WC7CW
Operator(s): WC7CW
Station: WC7CW

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  45     13       18
------------------------------
Total:  45     13       18  Total Score = 3,627

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Worked the contest a bit while tooling around in the car. I put my old SBE 23
channel converted CB rig in back in last weekend. I am not sure how much power
it puts out, but I think it's between 5 and 10 watts so entered as LP instead
of QRP. Couldn't believe how well I got out with the el cheapo trunk lip mount
Kraco antenna on the car. Worked C5A, LU, CX, PY, KG6, P4, ZL, KH6, E5, KP4,
VP9, HK, CO, KL7, XE, VE, K, and a bunch of JAs and at least one contact on
every continent except Europe as I wasn't in the car much during those
openings. Channel one is around 28.475 and it tunes up to channel 23 at about
28.700 or so. What a blast!

Thanks for the great ears!

Matt K7BG, op WC7CW