[3830] CQWW SSB K3TN SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K3TN SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:08:50 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    7     4        4
   80:   28    17       10
   40:   69    47       18
   20:  135    72       22
   15:  144    74       24
   10:  140    77       22
------------------------------
Total:  523   291      100  Total Score = 567,341

Club:

Comments:

TS-850 to Ten Tec 425 to Windom OCF dipole at 15m

CQ WW SSB is not one I usually spend much time in - I got married on this
weekend 22 years ago - but with 15 and 10 wide open, I managed to sneak some
time in. I mostly just hit CTRL-Up Arrow in N1MM and went from 28.300 to 28.800
and back down, working a station just about every 3 khz at pretty high rates.
When that got boring, I switched to doing the same thing from 21.200 to
21.450.

The Microham MK2R+ is having audio problems on the K3 radio 1 interface, so the
entire weekend was on the TS-850. The 850 is a great radio, but has no SSB
filters - boy, did I miss the filtering on the K3 on 20M! Even with 10 and 15
open, 20m always seems to have twice as many stations "sharing" the same
frequency as any other band.