[3830] CQWW SSB LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:04:03 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD,LZ1UQ,LZ1ANA, LZ1FG, LZ1PJ, LZ2PO, LZ2UU, LZ2CJ, LZ2UZ,
LZ2HQ, LZ2UX, LZ2MAM,LZ3UM, LZ3FM, LZ2GL
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   513    10       65
   80:  1480    28      101
   40:  2660    36      135
   20:  2550    39      151
   15:  2251    40      152
   10:  1808    40      162
-------------------------------

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

It was as usual a rehearsal before CQWW CW for LZ9W team, but that is the best
ever score for us in SSB part of CQWW since we started as M/M back in 2003.
(6 milion pts claimed more than in 2010 )

What is encouraging is that last year difference in total mults of 121,
compared to DR1A guys, was now reduced by some 50 % to 54 in 2011.We still
struggle especially with mults from Africa due to the features of our QTH and
we still need to improve the art of passing mults from band to band.

10m was in excellent shape, but openings on both days were of shorter duration
here, so we could not keep up with QSO numbers.

Even with 6 over 6 over 6 fixed to USA we still lack those 2-3 db which could
make next layer of LP USA stations workable on 20m. Over 4000 QSO on 20m by
DR1A are amazing !

Our new 40m band 4 el OWA yagi performance was excellent and we are sure it
will be a very good weapon in CW part where the zoo on 40m band will be
smaller.

Without our 3 el yagi on 80m it was very difficult on SSB. Work is in progress
and we hope to have our 3 el up for CW part of the contest.

Antennas used:
160m - Inv.Vee at 35 m and RX Quad / RX phased small verticals
 80m - Inv.Vee at 35 m and 2 el phased dipoles fixed to USA
 40m - 4 el. OWA yagi rotary and 1/4 wave vertical
 20m - 6/6/6 fixed USA, 4/4 fixed East , 6 el OWA rotary
 15m - 6/6/6 fixed USA, 4/4 fixed East, 6 el OWA rotary
 10m - 6/6/6/6 fixed USA, 4/4 rotary, 7 el OWA rotary

Overall it was great fun to be part of CQWW contest race and we are looking
forward to be in it again in CW part next month.

73, Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M contest team