[3830] CQWW SSB K2PS SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, psk2ps@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K2PS SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:53:21 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: 05
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  940    32      111
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What great timing!  Since I'm antenna-challenged in my present QTH, and not
wishing to impinge on my son and his family any more than necessary, I decided
to pick up a 10M monobander, a telescoping mast, and set things up so that I
can just raise it by myself at his place a few days before each contest.  Aside
from nearly having the thing crash down on me before I could tie off the guy
ropes, it all worked as planned.  Of course, what I couldn't plan for were
those awesome conditions on my one and only band.

Even running LP, I managed to run 'em pretty well, finding that the wide open
spaces gave me plenty of room to find a quiet spot.  Sometimes that even meant
going above 29.000!  But those EUs kept finding me way up there, so the rate
meter stayed up pretty well.

I was nursing a cold throughout the weekend, and when an SP station wished me
luck with it, I realized that my earlier recorded CQ message must have sounded
like it was from a different station, what with my gravelly voice coming back.
But I didn't have time to worry about how I was feeling, there were EUs to run
and mults to find.

73, Pete, K2PS in DC