[3830] CQWW SSB ES5G(ES7GM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, es7gm@hot.ee
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ES5G(ES7GM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:45:30 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES5G
Operator(s): ES7GM
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KO38CS
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:  283    10       50
   80:  547    22       77
   40: 1333    31      103
   20:  795    33       87
   15: 1691    34      109
   10: 1186    35      104
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Oh boy. I've seen only one 10 meters opening in my lifetime. But back then I was
only 10 years old and not so excited about it. But now? I think I'm not the only
one cheering.

First of all I want to thank ES5TV for letting me use his super-station this
year again. Funny that last years ~4,4m points was a disappointment for me. I
kind of feel the same about this year, tho I set up new local record (least for
1 year, until Tonno or somebody else is gonna crush it). I made several bad
moves and band changes. I think I was too jumpy. 8 million points was so close
from the north :(

Despite of the emotion it was the most definitely best contest of my life! Only
one minor failure (my bad karma didn't leave me). My physical and mental low
point is always between 23rd-24th hour. And exactly at that time the 1st radio
foot pedal finished employment agreement. So only thing I needed to do, was to
change the pedal as fast as I could but NO. As I saw the MK2R PTT light was on
my first thought was that MK2R crashed. So I restarted it, then restarted the
whole computer. Then touched all the wires. After that I got the heureka to
change pedal. I took 3rd radio pedal and guess what. For some reason it break
down. So basically I somehow wasted ~45 minutes before I was ready to go on.
But the noisy 40 and 80 meters was too much for my ears and I decided to take a
little nap to carry on later( I slept ~4 hours before the contest and had to be
at work from 8 to 12 on Friday).

Cheers to the European superstars CR2X and 4O3A who did some impressive
scores.

73 de ES7GM Kris.