[3830] CQWW SSB W6YX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W6YX M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:29:50 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH N6DB W6LD K2YY ND2T N6DE
Station: W6YX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   10     6        5
   80:   46    13       22
   40:  341    29       76
   20:  324    37      122
   15:  553    37      132
   10:  562    35      120
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was the highest CQWW SSB score from W6YX since 2004, and that year we ran
M/2.

I brought my Elecraft K3, and Rebar brought his P3.  The K3/P3 combination
worked really well.  Thanks to Rebar and Mike for helping with station setup.

Usually I don't operate much in this contest, but this year it was impossible
to ignore the excellent DX conditions on the high bands.

On Sunday, it was interesting to listen to which callsigns were well behaved in
pileups, which ones just kept calling and calling without listening, and which
ones called busted packet spots without listening to the callsign.

73...
-Dean - N6DE