[3830] CQWW SSB NA8V SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NA8V SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 14:46:08 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Mi
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:  199    20       65
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Did a bit better this year than last.  score up 30%, q's up 20% with a much
better point distribution and a few more mults.  I was down about 20 VE and 10
S. Amer. but up by 40 eu.  Was a bit on the noisy side, but not really an issue
as I could hear much better than I could tx anyway.

Countries were up due to more EU but still left a lot on the table. Lost 4
zones from last year (12/13/29/30) but picked up 4 others (16/20/32/36)for a
wash.  Called but missed 10/13/19/21.  Left at least 16 countries on the table
including several usually reliable EU mults.  Midway thru the first night,
realized I was well up in mults and slightly in q's from last year and got a
lot more motivated.  Was hoping for a big second night.  Didn't happen.  Q's
were ok but mults were dismal.

Not sure why my score was up.  Same antenna into EU, might have had a couple
more radials, but not many.  They are a little longer this year - not really
what i would think would be a difference maker.  Perhaps the biggest difference
was activity down a little and thus QRM not quite as bad in EU - but it was
common for stns to cq in my face.  I thought skip was about the same as last
year - although second morning into JA/Pacific was a wipeout exc. for TX5A.
Had only 2q's after 09z and I was at the rig (and awake!) the whole time.  Big
dropoff in Southern Hemisphere q's.

Looking forward to the code weekend.

greg/na8v