[3830] CQWW SSB N3RS M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rs@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N3RS M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 18:34:19 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RD, N3NA, K3WI, W3CF, WA3LRO, N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:   21     8       17
   80:  242    19       80
   40:  501    31      105
   20:  405    40      130
   15:  668    36      128
   10:  933    34      138
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Fantastic conditions were completely wiped out with the freak October storm that
hit the northeast early Saturday.  Heavy wet snow stuck to trees, antennas and
just about anything it hit.  All of the antennas saw rising VSWR to the point
that the amplifiers said STOP.  Ran for a  while at reduced power to avoid amp
shutdowns until the weight of the snow brought down trees and we suffered a
full power failure around noon on Saturday.  Only 16 hours into the contest and
we were cruising with ~ 4 meg in the log.  The power remained off until around 6
PM.  By that time, we bagged the contest and all the ops left for home.  I had
just started to fire up the station again at 7 PM and the power went off again.
 This time, it didn't return until around 7 AM Sunday.

I spent approximately 9 hours jumping from station to station chasing
multipliers and did manage to add about 600 more QSO's to the log, but more
importantly the multiplier total rose substantially.  Very little running was
done on Sunday, as I thought it would be more fun to chase the multipliers and
Asians on 10M & 15M.

We hope the wx gods smile on us for the CW weekend and we can put in a full
effort.  See you all on CW in a month.

73 de Sig, N3RS