[3830] SS CW VO1MP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, samuelsongus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VO1MP Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:21:15 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VO1MP
Operator(s): VO1MP
Station: VO1MP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NL
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:    4
   40:   19
   20:   81
   15:   51
   10:   45
------------
Total:  200  Sections = 80  Total Score = 400

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Strictly S & P ... actually  started out to do 80/80 and stopped  that nonsense
at 74 /74    elected  then to do band sweeps and just work anybody I had not
already logged .......strangely  enough   last  two sections  were  VE3 and
then NLI ...
worked two NLI's back to back on 20   go figure   Was a small part of one of
the VY1  pileups  and quickly remembered  why I elected   not to CQ ....  in
his defence I really do not know  how he is expected to copy  when the people
in line keep calling over  the  other station's exchange. I did read  a few
comments from some Hard Core Sweeps vets ...  pissing and moaning about  his
methods ....   I thought he handled  himself  quite well  when you consider
his  check was 2006  hardly a seasoned  veteran .....  Kudos to him for having
the courage to face the onslaught !!  Baptism by fire  ... been there  done
that ..
stumbled across  him CQin on 10 later  on with a 20 over sig  so was  easy at
that point !! Also came across  Frank  VO1HP   who provided me  with MY VO he
actually was  doing  the pileup  by numbers  at one point  a la  dxpedition
style. Also heard  VO1BQ  Joe and  Wayne  VO1TA  in search and pounce  mode ...
so there were a few of us on .  Hope to get on for  the SSB portion  and then
the CQWWCW  before I go warm my bones somewhere warmer.
Station set up :
K3  driving  Alpha 87a
Home Brewed monobanders for 10/15/20
wires for 40/40
N1MM  logging
K3 and the selection of filters  I have in it really play well
in CW and heavy  QRM

Hope to C'Y'all Next one
GLWCDR
 73 Gus  VO1MP