[3830] SS CW KL7RA(AL7IF) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al7if@borealconsulting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KL7RA(AL7IF) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 00:28:14 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL7IF
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kenai, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   28
   40:  222
   20:  244
   15:  158
   10:  560
------------

Club:

Comments:

First... Thanks to Rich for the use of his station.... and for his dedication to
keeping us communicating with the world... both by radio and by road. Weekend
snow storms turned snowblower duty into a Greek tragedy... Sisyphus... as soon
as you get the road cleared, more snow falls.

As for the radio, the contest was a blast. I was slightly disappointed by the
condition... they were good, but not solar flux of 173 good. On the other hand,
it made choosing my off time easy enough.

All of the bands produced... even 80. It made for a good place to tune while
cycling CQs on 40.

I mostly neglected 15 meters, because the pairing of 10 and 20 did the best job
of filling the geographic holes.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs... and thanks to the more difficult sections for
the calls. The 80th section for me was WMA. As a wise snowblower operator once
said, "They're all rare when you don't have them..."