[3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 11:17:07 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  142
   40:  589
   20:  348
   15:  254
   10:
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

The rebuilding of WX0B was not complete but wanted to operate just the same. We
got the operating position back in place and operational in the new shack last
weekend but needed to wire in the band decoders / filters Saturday morning.

The new 15 meter antennas were ready to install on the tower but too windy
Thursday and Friday. My only antennna on 15 was a small 3-el tribander at 40
ft. I wore out the rotator going NE to NW over and over trying to get some
rate.

Saturday morning about 10am the NW 20 meter yagi went intermittent then dead.
Unfortunately it was too windy to attempt a fix on the tower. So that left me
with only the NE antenna for the contest.

This was only my 2nd time to use N1MM and seems I did worse this time than the
first. I have to get some practice time in...sorry guys for all the screw-ups.
It really hurt me when finding someone on the 2nd radio. When it came to
sending my call, the program did nothing but start the alternate CQ on the run
radio....very frustrating in the heat of the moment. Then the number sequence
would get out of whack...ARGH

My style of operating which once allowed me to win and place in the high top 10
is no longer working...wish I could figure it out but maybe age has caught up
with me. I keep thinking how to fix it but no answers have hit my mind yet.

Thanks again to Jay and Sharon for allowing me to invade their home, and many
thanks to AD5Q and K5RT for their help in getting me on the air for SS.