[3830] SS CW K0BJ(@W0NO) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brucefrahmk0bj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0BJ(@W0NO) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:32:20 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0BJ
Operator(s): K0BJ K0WA AB0S
Station: W0NO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  131
   40:  425
   20:  429
   15:  102
   10:  109
------------

Club:

Comments:

K0WA and AB0S have been doing SS multis for over 3 decades. K0BJ has been in the
mix since before the turn of the century but this was his first with the team in
4 years. W0NO's quiet, antenna-laden QTH has been the scene for a decade; prior
to that it was W0CEM's QTH.

DXers complain of the Terible Ts -- well we had the Nonworkable Ns. NL was #78
and was blessedly uneventful Sunday AM. NWT -- we chased the VY1EI spots like
everyone else.  Late afternoon K0WA was running and saw EI pop up on the
bandmap only 2kHz above. Lee slid up in time to hear the end of a QSO and...
nothing more of the elusive prey. So he switched back to his run freq. -- which
had, naturally, been taken over............ by VY1EI!  Got him first call :-)
One of those rare times you're glad to lose a freq.  NE - I listened to W0KT s3
running a loud, raucous pile on 20 Sunday morning. Later we chased a couple
spots with nil found. AB0S served the final hitch at our multi and while
running, at 0240 he got called by a weak W0K.... 4 whole minutes later we had
W0KT in the log for the sweep.

Tnx to W0NO Alan and Phyllis for their hospitality, IC-7700, Alpha 99 and
antenna farm. Alan, Lee, Tim and 1-2 others will be doing the SSB version.