[3830] SS CW N3UM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N3UM Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:50:07 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N3UM
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: N3UM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My claimed 127 K this year is off from the 146 K I claimed
in 2010 and 134 K in 2009. I got about the same number
of QSOs on 40 m. this year as in 2009 and 2010, while on
80 m. I got only 57% and 58% as many Qs as in the last
2 years, despite serious effort.: 80 m. propagation was
only fair at best.    With more sunspots, 20 m.was more
productive this year, and I found a few tens of Qs  and
3 mults (AB, PAC, PR)  in a few easy minutes on 15 and 10 m.
But, the better high-band totals were  not nearly enough
to make up for the 80 meter deficit.  In hindsight I might
possibly have done better to spend an hour or two on
20 m. instead of 40 m. at the very start of the contest.
Fatigue from minor surgery 4 weeks ago may have reduced
my score a bit, but my BIC time was only 1 hr .less than in '10.
One mult. short of a sweep: missed NEBRASKA!  Crazy.
NT, PAC, AK, NL, WY, PR, EWA, DE, etc. NO PROBLEM!