[3830] SS CW WO1N SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW WO1N SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 20:19:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   75
   20:   40
   15:   86
   10:   45
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FT1000D, Alpha Delta DX-LB @ 35', C3-SS@20', R7, N1MM

Soapbox :

 Spent the preceding week nights under the stars/spotlights/headlamp
rebuilding my trusty DX-LB dipole. All new wire. Had it ready to go
and very early Saturday morning got it up in the trees with a little
assist from N1HTS who had stopped by.

 The rest of the day was consumed with some normal and some abnormal
fall activities. About an hour before sunset cabled it up and the damn
thing had an intermittent. I mean how difficult can a dipole be?
Hauled it up and down three or four times, replaced the coax and trimmed
it a bit. That did the trick for 40M. Ran out of light to tweak it
for 80/160, but figured that would have to do. It played well until the
close of the contest when it went intermittent again! Grrrr....

 Next order of business dig out and then put the shack back together
having pretty much de-cabled the entire thing for Field day and then
a portable operation from VT for NAQP. Soldered up a few cables
around midnight and was finally able to get on the air. I've really
got to buld that YCCC SO2R box so I can retire some of these cables
that I've been using since I first got my license....

 Good conditions all around. N1MM says I put in 7 hours. That sounds
about right. Although I took the time to read the rules, missed the
point that my precedence should have been "U", sent "A" the entire
contest. First half dozen Q's also did not have my call sign in
the exchange.

CU in the next one,

Ken
WO1N