[3830] WAE RTTY AA5AU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY AA5AU Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:57:56 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

   80:   17    17     0    13
   40:  132   132    90    52
   20:  264   264   270    71
   15:  368   368   630    85
   10:  295   295   580    77
-------------------------------
Total: 1076  1076  1570   298  Total Score = 1,783,404

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Not a full effort but was able to put in more time than expected.  Handling QTCs
while SO2R is a real feat, but fun nonetheless.  Band conditions were great.  I
missed some prime time Sunday morning on 10 and 15 because of a commitment, but
was able to still work EU on 10 and 15 before the bands went away.

Operators have become very proficient in handling QTCs and it's a really great
thing.  QTCs make this contest one of my favorites.  We've come a long way from
the day when we typed QTCs live and recorded them on paper and when I used to
type QTCs on a separate Heathkit H-89 computer, save them to a file on a floppy
and then move the floppy to the H-89 that was running RTTY and send QTCs.

Thanks to DARC for sponsoring the contest and thanks to everyone who worked me.
 It was a lot of fun to see old and new friends on RTTY again.  Even George,
W1ZT, stopped by to give me some points on a couple of bands.

Station:
Icom IC-756 PRO III
Ameritron Amplifier running 500 watts
Dell desktop running XP Pro and WriteLog V11.01C beta & MMTTY plug-in
Kenwood TS-870
Ameritron Amplifier running 500 watts
Dell laptop running XP Media edition and WriteLog V11.01C & MMTTY plug-in

Antennas:
3 element SteppIR with 30/40 loop dipole at 58'
KT-34M2 at 40'
80M inverted vee

73, Don AA5AU