[3830] WAE RTTY K4RO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY K4RO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 08:22:01 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 15:32
Radios: SO2R

   80:    2    2     0     8
   40:   64   64    20    75
   20:  195  195   120   106
   15:  193  193   290   110
   10:  224  224   370   112
------------------------------
Total:  678  678   800   411  Total Score = 607,458

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Fun contest. The bands were always open to somewhere, whenever I could get
on the air. This is probably the most RTTY contacts I've ever made on 10M.
I was even prompted to build another interface to replace the fried one
on the second radio. Didn't do a lot of SO2R, as I didn't finish building
the second interface until Sunday afternoon. Forgot how great RTTY is for
SO2R software timing practice.

I enjoyed sending as well as *receiving* QTC's in the RTTY version. What
was it that grandma said? "Tis easier to send, than to receive," or something
like that. I still had a lot of unsent QTCs at the end, as I could not find
enough takers. Lots of fun and some interesting strategy decisions, especially
with QTC traffic only permitted between continents.  CU in SS SSB and CQWW CW!

73, Kirk K4RO