[3830] WAE RTTY IC8TEM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cococosti@interfree.it
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY IC8TEM Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:03:46 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IC8TEM
Operator(s): IC8TEM
Station: IC8TEM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN70CN EU031 - Capri
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:    0     0     0     0
   40:  234   274    40   168
   20:  130   310   150   104
   15:  159   398   239   130
   10:  202   352   150   138
-------------------------------
Total:  725  1334   579   540  Total Score = 758,160

Club:

Comments:

Everything went as I've always wished: good propagation on all bands, many
people calling and listening, the healthy anger that arises from spontaneous
competition with myself, etc... etc... etc...

My rig in this contest was: K3 + HF-6V + AL-811 (this time turned on, just for
understanding how's the difference between big contest, CQWW RTTY, without PA,
and less big contest, WAE RTTY, with PA) + N1mm + MMTTY.
The final thought is that I need to improve my skill to move around bands,
because I think that I can reach 1M points in 30h, and 1.3M pts in 36h.

When many years ago I saw my neighbour playing with QTC's, I thought that was a
horrible thing, because he remembered me that QTC's are exchanged also in CW and
SSB legs of WAEDC ctest, and he told me to beware to QTC exchange, expecially in
CW, when you need to pay attention to your signal, and don't confuse with nearby
signals.

Last year I started to practice with QTC's (and maybe I'm in the top-ten of QTC
exchanged in 2010 RTTY WAE contest), this year I continued to practice during
SSB leg, so now I can assure that I love QTC: at 21th hour of my contest, a
10-QTC exchange made me earn around 10 thousand points, when a qso was only 100
points, and a qso with new multiplier only 300 pts.
Maybe, if I have operated for 36h and in 80m, I could reach 1M points easily.

@VE7CC: I read many times your notes about 40mt operation, but I can assure
that your signal was really stunning here, as also KH6ZM. My pleasure will be
to have qso with you, or with VE7SV in 80mt soon.

I'm a little bit disappointed to have been unlucky and didn't have qso with
ZM2B and KL7 stations in 10mt; I will try next times (when I will have time for
contests, during university-time breaks), because I'm only a little pistol who
does not surrender, and try, try and try until I reach the qso: this is the
secret for reaching nice DX and nice scores in contest.

See you soon (maybe I will skip CQWW CW and ARRL 10m, due to university
duties), but I'm happy to close 2011 with many participations in big and less
big contests.

My greetings to all readers and all people who had qso with me. I remember that
my QSL route is via QRZ.com

73's de Costy IC8TEM