[3830] SS SSB W4WWQ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, plascell@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W4WWQ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:39:00 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4WWQ
Operator(s): W4WWQ
Station: W4WWQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Forest, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:30

------------
  160:
   80:   75
   40:   91
   20:  133
   15:   10
   10:   10
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3 & Clipperton-L  3-element Tribander @50 ft, 80/40 trapped dipole @40 ft.

My first SS.  The new K3 worked like a charm.  Sub-receiver made it nice
checking other bands for multipliers when EB, RI, NLI, MB and PR seemed to have
forgotten there was a contest.

I had a learning curve to hear, process, and key exchange info into N1MM.  I
got better as time went on, but never tried "running".  But it appears that
"running" is the only way to really make big totals.

Don't understand Canadian stations sitting on US band edge.  One responded with
my call and said I was off frequency.  I told him I wasn't going to his
frequency!

I felt like I worked all the Dakota and Delaware stations.  They sure were not
hiding.