[3830] SS SSB NS6T SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tepperly@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NS6T SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:36:24 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NS6T
Operator(s): NS6T
Station: NS6T

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Livermore
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
  160:
   80:    4
   40:   11
   20:   34
   15:   27
   10:   25
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was on travel and sick the 5 days before SS SSB, so I started out tired and
foggy. When I switched from 10m to 15m, I connected my amplifier, but I
couldn't seem to tune up on 15m or 20m. I disconnected the amp and worked
barefoot the rest of the day. Having been gone for 5 days, my kids and wife
wanted some of my time, so I operated here and there.

Last year, 80m was my most productive back, but when I switched to 80m, the
noise level was S9+10DB. I could only hear the most powerful stations. I called
it quits at 11pm (PST).

On Sunday, I tried the amp again, and it tuned up without any troubles on 15m
and 20m. I can't explain why it tuned up on Sunday but not Saturday. I worked
for 1.5 hours before I had to leave for a family trip to see friends.