[3830] SS SSB NK7J Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NK7J Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:00:02 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NK7J
Operator(s): NK7J, W7SMF
Station: NK7J

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Baker City, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
  160:    0
   80:   14
   40:   78
   20:  282
   15:  347
   10:   62
------------

Club:

Comments:

Good time as usual. Had some last minute kinks to fix with the station on Friday
and Saturday. Biggest one was indicator on Tailtwister was not working. This
required a quick climb up the tower to verify what the problem was. Well
rotator was fine, control box was fine. HUGE SIGH its in the wire somewhere in
between, that should be fun to find. Well turns out a quick look at the base of
the tower I find the wire has received a good whack with a weed-eater (maybe the
plan of letting the 14 year old run the weed-eater is not as well thought out as
I once thought). So fix the wire and we are ready just before the contest
starts.

Then I totally forgot that my 40 meter slopers are still cut too long and dont
resonate well in the voice portion of 40. Great.

Then decide to start out on 10 meters, nice and open. Well come to find out the
ALS-600 I had bought used does NOT have the 10 meter kit installed like the
seller said it did (another huge sigh). I know should have checked that last
week but what can I say.

I must say this year we really did not run into any nasty ops, well maybe one,
but overall very pleasant.

Was wondering if we would get a sweep or not, Saturday night I was not feeling
to swift so went to bed early and missed about 6 Sections in CA, UT and OR.
With about 4 hours left still had Oregon of all sections left. Finally on 40
Meters at 01:34 find N7XU for my Oregon contact for the sweep.

In the end we beat our last years score by about 30 contacts, had a good time,
the XYL enjoyed herself as usual. Goal for next year..... 1200 Qs....