[3830] CQWW CW K0MD SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, drscott.wright@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0MD SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:07:44 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0MD
Operator(s): K0MD
Station: K0MD

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   19     8       17
   40:  225    28      103
   20:  150    35      104
   15:  152    31      116
   10:  249    32      120
------------------------------
Total:  795   134      460  Total Score = 1,321,056

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I had not planned a full time effort but spent 24.5 hours operating during the
weekend. Conditions were challenging on Saturday with the solar eruption
hitting the earth. My wife and children are to be thanked for their sacrifice
for my time on this contest.

Highlights of the contest:  100 + DXCC entitites on 4 bands, new DXCC entities
worked on 10 meters for my DXCC totals and breaking many African pileups on the
first call!

Frustrations: Battled a cold, fatigue and the incessant QRM of hams sending
their calls repeatedly while the DX is transmitting.

I was mainly on 10-40 as my Low Band antennas are in need of repair.  My Yagi
stack works well, even on CW!  I enjoyed the runs on 10 and 40 the most. I
continue to be pleased by my old KLM 240 yagi on 40.

It was great to hear so many MWA hams in the pileups. N0IJ, KM0O and KB0EO were
battling in many pileups with me.