[3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NQ4I@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:05:06 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): NQ4I, VE7ZO, W4SVO, K1XX, NS1L, W1MD, WA1S, K4TD, N4BP, W4IX, W8ZF
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ga
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  268    26       89
   80:  771    29      112
   40: 2066    39      154
   20: 2397    40      164
   15: 1984    37      163
   10: 1843    36      152
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

It was the best of times...it was the worst of times!...

Actually, it was the best of times...with the exception of the station owner
and 80m operator (NQ4I) being under the weather from a 24 hour bug, the weekend
couldn't have gone better. Conditions were excellent...operators all put in a
yeomans effort, and it shows in an incredible score from 4 land. The previous
W4 M/M record fell at 23 hours into the contest...that was a sign of good
things to come.

Conditions were such that the last hour of the contest saw all six bands active
and producing multipliers for a fantastic finish. This was a DX'ers dream
weekend.

W4SVO once again pulled 160m duty and produced an excellent band score from the
SE US. Marks highlight was pulling in several new mults during the final hour of
the contest including TF4M for a double!!!

80M was the band without a captain. NQ4I had planned to lead the team on 80 but
a 24 (turned into 36) hour bug negated that. NS1L, W1MD, NQ4I, W4IX, and W4SVO
all put time in on the band and gave the new 12 Element LPA a workout. To see
this antenna in the woods is simply awesome. Strung on a Catenary from 160'
down to 60' the array is simply amazing.

K1XX and VE7ZO were the perennial op's for 40 meters working everything that
could be found.

W8ZF, W4IX, and NS1L teamed up to lead the 20 meter effort to a station high
band score with all 40 zones and 164 countries being worked.

K4TD and W1MD were the 'delta force' behind 15 meters...working many of those
tough Sunday afternoon slugfest mults early in the contest on Saturday morning.

WA1S and N4BP provided the drive behind the 10 meter effort staying close on
the heels of the 15 meter team.

It was an amazing weekend and a good time was had by all...Thanks to Rick
(NQ4I) for being a first class station master and host. Even being under the
weather, Rick still managed to ensure that we were fed (over fed) throughout
the weekend...and provide a first class M/M station that ranks up there with
the best of them.

And of course...congrats to all of the other Multi-op competitors with some
supreme scores being posted. The competition is what makes this contest so much
fun.

73 from the NQ4I team and see you in the spring.

Marty
W1MD

For the NQ4I team