[3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:30:16 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Braintree MA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:    4     2        3
   80:   68    10       33
   40:  155    20       65
   20:  171    20       71
   15:  173    19       69
   10:  167    20       63
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This contest was FUN!

I was in a race this year to get several antenna projects completed before
contest season started. Unfortunately I missed CQ WW SSB and the ARRL CW
Sweepstakes. Warm weather over the past few weeks sure helped but there was too
much to do. My Hy-Gain Explorer 14 was broken in half by a tree during Hurricane
Irene. The tower suffered minor damage and was repaired and repainted. The
antenna upgrade took about 2 weeks to complete due to complete
disassembly/reassembly. The work paid off with a noticeable performance
improvement after using Penetrox on the element joints.

New 80/40 dipoles and feedline also worked great.

Beat last years score by 30% and picked up 7 new DXCC countries. Great to hear
10M open to the entire world. This was the first contest in many years where
QRN was not an issue.

Station:  Ten Tec Omni VII  100W,  Hy-Gain Explorer 14 @ 30 ft (10/15/20),
80/40 dipoles @ 35 ft,  HP Pavillion PC running CT

Thanks for all the QSO's.