[3830] CQWW CW ZF1A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZF1A M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:06:19 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZF1A
Operator(s): K6AM, K5WA, AC6T
Station: ZF1A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cayman Is.
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  128    12       39
   80:  805    23       95
   40: 2371    36      129
   20: 1431    38      138
   15: 1669    38      150
   10: 1294    34      141
------------------------------

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Finally!

Some really great conditions on the high bands.  Most everyone was loud and
easy to copy making this a very pleasant experience.  So great in fact that the
pileups got out of hand on many occasions.  But we managed to keep going and had
our best M/S score every.

This year, I was joined by Bob, K5WA, and Steve, AC6T, both ZF1A vets.  Both
did an outstanding job using my somewhat unconventional lashup.

We had several days of tower work before the contest getting the antennas
working better.  During the contest, the usual gear failures, but fortunately
we had backups for the radios and computers.

Thanks as usual go to Andrew and the CARS group for the ongoing use of their
fine station.

CU all in Feb as ZF2AM in the ARRL CW and 160 SSB tests.

John, K6AM