[3830] CQWW CW K7BG(KL2A) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7BG(KL2A) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:41:14 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): KL2A
Station: K7BG

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: 04
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   22    10       12
   80:   56    17       34
   40:  152    27       66
   20:  241    31       75
   15:  300    31       76
   10:  374    30       79
------------------------------

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Was pleased to have Jon, KL2A come over on a whim and operate from here doing
SOAB LP. It was a radio free weekend for me. The wind blew hard all weekend and
is still blowing, but the antennas seemed to turn into the DX, albeit
sluggishly. Jon stayed in the chair into the slow low band nights, but did an
outstanding job pushing ahead of the 7-land LP record in the last hour with a
nice JA run on 10 meters. This station isn't really configured for serious DX
contesting so even with fixed antennas pointing in less than ideal directions
Jon was able to figure out the station layout and make the most of it. That is
phenomenal, because I am still trying to figure out the lay out and I'm the one
who laid it out! ....or "let it happen" over the years into a bit of a
Frankenstein (that's Fronkensteen)set-up, especially when it comes to antenna
switching. It was a nice weekend and the free time I had not worrying about all
the DX going unanswered allowed the XYL and myself to watch a bunch of old Bette
Davis movies while Jon was down in the dungeon doing all the work!

73,
Matt--K7BG

Rigs: 2 x IC765 (one is N9RV's, tnx Pat) w/DXD and NA software
Antennas: A bunch of hodgepodge yagis pointing in various directions, some of
them rotatable. Wires on 80 and 160.