[3830] CQWW CW AA8IA SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AA8IA SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:53:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: USA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:51

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:  107    16       49
   20:   87    17       49
   15:  102    21       53
   10:  333    23       72
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

What a blast.   10m was marvelous.   Makes me wonder what it would have been
like if I had been contesting back in the early 90s, or during the peak of the
last cycle.   Couldn't find a good frequency for a [modest] station to call CQ
on until I got above 28.150.   I was surprised at how many ops answered my
CQs.

My 18 hours were spread out over the whole 48-hour period.   I operated
sporadically in 4-5 hour spurts.  Got my beauty rest both nights.   Spent
plenty of quality time both days with the family and enjoyed our belated
Thanksgiving feast.

I didn't maximize zones or countries worked -- it was all about having fun.   I
set up VE7CC to work with N1MM and was amazed at all of the data flowing in.
Near end of the contest I saw an actual spot for VE7CC and worked him... it
seemed only fitting.

I sure had a helluva lot of fun!   Thanks to all of the DX ops [and the
DXpedition stations] for the good times!