[3830] CQWW CW VE3MGY SOSB(A)/160 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VY2MGY@SYMPATICO.CA
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3MGY SOSB(A)/160 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 07:18:49 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: SOSB(A)/160 LP
QTH: ONTARIO
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  466    12       32
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The new 160M antenna seems to be working fairly well here in the new QTH - so
far. Spent part of Friday putting down some more radials and checking the ones
that are already down. I also threw up a 550' beverage - just in case I needed
it. Will probably leave it up for the winter. As the fields next to me are
about 2.5 miles long ( they end at Lake Erie ) I may just have to put up a very

L-O-N-G ( VLF?? ) beverage over the winter just for kicks - and maybe check out
136 Khz. As for the 160M Inverted L I will know more after next weekend and the
ARRL 160M.

The band seemed to have long QSB at times and EU was weaker than normal
overall, although on signal peaks they were S7 at times. FYI C5A was S9 here
all night - both nights!! Found absortion levels higher than I would have liked
but overall 160 was pleasure to work.

QRN was very low here all weekend - between S0 and S3 on the vertical.

Hopefully the lack of QRN will last for this weekend coming...

Thanks for the QSO's.

73,
Brian
VE3MGY