[3830] CQWW CW LN3Z(@LA3Z) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, la6yea@yahoo.no
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LN3Z(@LA3Z) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:04:32 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LN3Z
Operator(s): LA3BO LA5UF LA6YEA LA8HGA
Station: LA3Z

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Stavern
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:  484    16       68
   80:  891    23       98
   40:  853    38      135
   20: 1094    38      131
   15:  980    38      137
   10: 1075    37      145
------------------------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

This was quite a weekend.

In traditional style - was the necessary preparations completed in the last
second. We got a 5 items wide spaced mono band 10m, and at least a 4 square
vertical for 40m. (Thanks to Peter LA7QIA) Everything worked perfectly.

It was a big rally, even though I was nervous for the antennas and the masts
would go over when we had very strong winds on Sunday afternoon local time.
Antennas and towers fared well in hurricane gusts. The trees lay over the whole
area around my QTH. Typically we will have extreme wind just this weekend.

At 1745z was what we feared most. Murphy popped up again! We lost power
throughout the area. This happens very rarely here. We were without power for 3
hours - in the best NA run of 15m. I think we lost at least 300 qsos on this and
it is very depressing not to have the max when we had so little time left in
contest. This is absolutely the last time we run cqww contest without a backup
generator - for if nothing else and keep ONE transceiver and amplifier going.
No matter - yet well that the power cut came so late, and not early in the
contest.

We are extremely pleased with the results despite the power outage. The high
bands were super, and we will remember the super 10m run to NA quite a while
:))
Never ever managed to work so many multipliers either - just fantastic.

The goal before the contest was 5000 qsos, and to turn the Norwegian record in
M/S class. We achieved both by a wide margin ....

On behalf of the LN3Z team - LA6YEA