[3830] CQWW CW OE4A(OE2VEL) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oe2vel@gmx.at
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OE4A(OE2VEL) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:43:14 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OE4A
Operator(s): OE2VEL
Station: OE4A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Burgenland
Operating Time (hrs): 43,75
Radios: SO2R

  160:   78     5       34
   80:  487    13       56
   40:  896    26       85
   20:  495    27       86
   15:  224    26       70
   10:  520    32       85
------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Had several contests without Murphy, but he came back this time. QTH of OE4A was
almost the only place in Austria with snow, no real snow but hoarfrost. All
antennas were covered with several centimeters of ice, so the 160m dipole was
resonant at 1.600 kHz. Another wire antenna was so heavy, that it blocked the
2nd highband yagi, what we did not see during the night. The rotor controller
burned out, antenna stuck to north for the whole contest. Still happy with the
result. 3 hours after the contest the temperature rose and on monday morning
all the ice was away, 160m antenna worked perfect again.
Special thanks to Rai, OE4RLC, for giving me the chance to operate this contest
from his station again.