[3830] CQWW CW K4VV M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W0YR@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K4VV M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 17:59:53 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K4VV
Operator(s): K4VV, K8NY, W0YR
Station: K4VV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   23     7       12
   80:  201    18       66
   40:  815    23       94
   20:  678    39      107
   15:  583    29       98
   10:  453    29       91
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Jack, K4VV for his kindness and generousity.  Our nemesis, power
line noise returned periodically.  At one time only 10M could be utilized.
Still, a good time and a chance to add to the PVRC club score.
Working 39 zones on 20M was a high.  Next season we hope to have 4 squares
installed.  Inv Vees at 100' (80M) and 130' (160M) are nice but really don't
cut it.  Spent a lot of time correcting the call, received as K4VVV about 20
% of the time and we ran into many QSOB4 claims which were not true.
Surprising how many EU ops argue and waste time rather than just pushing the F2
key!  Lots of fine ops out there and the claim that CW is dead or a thing of the
past is insupportable.