[3830] CQWW CW NP4Z SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, felipe@np4z.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NP4Z SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 19:20:10 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NP4Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KP4
Operating Time (hrs): 47.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:  178    13       45
   80:  494    22       68
   40: 1231    26       90
   20: 1231    33       97
   15: 1183    31       99
   10: 1741    28       90
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Wow.. is it me or contesting is changing for good... do we call this scores from
around the world level playing? It sure looks like that!

Not only this is a record setting contest, it was also a myth busting weekend
judging for the amount of stations still in disbelief.

For me it was a also an interesting weekend, after being completely ready for
weeks, I wanted it to be a relaxing time, decided to rest and do nothing that
would bring stress before the contest.. Thats when the trouble started.... I
was so completely rested that I couldnt sleep a minute before the contest, my
body didnt need any rest. So I said well Im rested already so ill go ahead with
my 48 hour strategy.
The contest started and I was a couple hundred qso's ahead of the record
setting operation from N5tj's operation from here on the first 24 hours.. The
plan was simple, spend little time on the 2nd radio chasing mults the first 24
hours but concentrate on running and moving all the mults I could that called
in. It was working, suddenly I turned my focus on the 2nd radio with slower
rates on the first.. there were plenty of mults but no one was coming back to
my call, power was ok. but my second radio wasnt heard.. after trying to figure
out what was going on, finally figured out that the radio was transmitting on
some other frecuency, it had some drifting issue and with the tight filters out
there it was impossible to be heard.. I could receive but I couldnt transmit so
that took care of my second radio strategy.. all the passing had to be done by
the main radio, it was a bummer since all my improvements in the station where
related to SO2R.

It was ok, it was so much fun that I decided not to get upset, I was already
ahead of all my previous operations.. Celebrating too soon, I started feeling
very tired but somehow managed to stay awake thru the night.

Sunday morning I was struggling and my wife asked me If I wanted coffee, Being
a real coffee lover raised on a coffee town, I couldnt resist and went with it.
I knew it was a mistake since I knew that coffee would mess up my blood sugar
levels and it did, what followed where many hours trying to stay awake
and the worst halucinations that Ive had, followed. I know that I had no
recollection for qsos in at least a couple of hours so Im sorry for any weird
behavious from my part.

Of course, not checking the radio before the contest and going back to caffeine
where mistakes, I just have to adjust my strategy a little more next year...
Anyway this contest has clearly demonstrated that contesting is changing for
good, I think that what we are missing now is more regional exposition and
awards, so more local battles are encouraged and the hobby will benefit.

Until the next one and very happy!

Felipe NP4Z