[3830] ARRL 160 N2JDQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N2JDQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 07:44:49 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N2JDQ
Operator(s): N2JDQ
Station: N2JDQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Total:  QSOs = 259  Sections = 42  Countries = 4  Total Score = 23,580

Club:

Comments:

Band was Jam packed here for me in WNY from 1800-1845  it seemed to spread out
from 1845-1880..Lots of big signals. I found that weak ones were hard to work
due to someones amp that was throwing spurs 25+ kc's that is Fairly local (13
air miles from my QTH as Google maps posts it) No call necessary.. as Im
running an old TS940's and im sure it would ALL be blamed on my radio and could
NOT be their amp. Anyways..I did eak out ZF2/PJ2 for 2 new DXCC on TB, Besides
those 2 Qso's best dx was SFL, STX, NE.. and Every Section On east coast. Did
not hear Far west @ all.. and I looked n looked.. especially High on the band
1840-1880. ON,QC, & MAR were well represented as I worked multiples of those
sections. Not one EU signal here @ my QTH.. but to be fair.. I did not break my
back looking for them.. due to  my qrm 'problem'.  Was my 1st TB contest,
besides the pre-stew.. Ill be on for the main stew aswell. I would say that for
this contest I wld guess I was 75% CQ 25% S&P..When I went looking I always
found new stations..but after my initial run for the 1st few hrs new ones for
me were few n far between.

Equip Used:

TS-940S
Inverted L for RX & TX - 30' Vertical rest is horiz...24 or so radials from
30-65' in length
N1MM Logger

73's N tu for the Q's!

-Steve Raas