[3830] ARRL 160 N1CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 09:30:47 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 60  Sections = 27  Countries = 1  Total Score = 3,444

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  FT-990 100W, ClrDSP Audio Filter, MFJ Noise Cancellor, WriteLog
Antenna:  Alpha-Delta DX-LB as Inverted Vee Apex 40' Ends 25' over large radial
field.

Small Lot Compromise Category!  Wow this was a challenge ... usually I can work
US stations fine, many Texas stations never heard me anytime I called.  West
worked WWA east worked VA and ZF2.  Tried W6 and PJ2 ... got a few "CC?" from
them, just not enough signal to overcome what seemed to be "horrific" noise
everywhere.

I suspect 90% of the stations I worked were high power and had good receive
antenna systems.  The high power guys with hampered ears could not pick me out
of the noise floor.

I keep trying to find a solution to getting more signal out at the right angle,
the 43' Vertical doesn't cut it... and just as the contest started the #22 wire
from the top of the vertical to a point 90' away blew off in the 50MPH winds we
had most of this weekend.  So once again, no Inverted-L up and working for this
one.  Next year?

73, Jim N1CC