[3830] 10RTTY AB1J Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] 10RTTY AB1J Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 14:07:34 -0800
                    10-Meter RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

Total:  QSOs = 227  State/Prov = 28  Countries = 44  Total Score = 16,344

Club:

Comments:

When the band opened for me at 1200z Sunday morning,
the WM7D sun data was SFI=160, A=8, K=2, sunspots=208.
Good but not great.
Under these conditons I get about 10 hours of 10m time
each day.  In the contest I put in 11.5 hours, pushing it
out a bit. Once the Europeans faded things got slow, but
new folks kept showing up. Curiosity seekers, I guess.
All in all, it was a great contest and I want to thank
the innovators who conceived and implemented it.

I've been experimenting using MMVARI as my RTTY engine for
N1MM plus a stand alone copy of MMTTY with its oscilloscope
peeking out through all the other windows. I much prefer
oscilloscope tuning to the waterfall. I don't have enough
computer screen real estate to display the rest of MMTTY.
And the computer is old and slow and that's all it can handle.
Just turning on the wireless connection breaks the CPU's back,
so I had to run unassisted, which is normal for me anyway.
This meant I had to populate the band map myself,
which had the advantage that I could hear everything that
was there.  ;-))

Christmas is coming and maybe Santa will bring me a
supercomputer. With a great big screen.

Station:
FT-2000
Attic dipole