[3830] CQWW CW PJ2T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0yy@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ2T M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:46:11 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W0CG/PJ2DX, W0NB, N0YY, K2PLF, WA4PGM, K8LEE, K8ND, W8WTS, WI9WI,
N0KE
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   958    23       82
   80:  1465    30      101
   40:  3055    33      121
   20:  3952    38      141
   15:  3257    39      137
   10:  2600    33      123
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

What a great contest!  It was especially fulfilling that 10M was alive again.

This score represents the single largest score from PJ2T in any previous
contest.

High bands were amazing and the low bands held together enough to really help
the score.  The low bands suffered from the seasonal storms and associated QRN,
but it was fun and they produced some good rates at times.  It's always
interesting to watch the spots fly past telling us we are DEAFFFF, but it
brings a smile to the operators face wishing the distant station could hear
what we hear.  This year the low bands required more fills but we still worked
those that made it through the noise.

We missed a few multipliers that were there but just seemed unworkable.  We
could hear the nearby Caribbean stations on the high bands, but just could not
work them because of the propagation.  We could hear juicy multipliers, but in
some cases the band went out before we could bust the piles - XU7ACY on 80M was
a great example there.

But then there are the examples of the hard to work stations that just pop
through the pileups and provide double multipliers and boost the overall
score.

This year Mr. Murphy kept nipping at our heals but we held him at bay for the
duration of the contest.  We had antenna and amplifier failures before but none
during the contest.  We had some quick surgery on a radio during the contest,
but it had minimal impact to the overall score.

Its always fun for the members of the Caribbean Contesting Consortium and
guests to get together for a top shelf contest, but this year we also had some
of the best meals on record.  Not only did we enjoy a great Thanksgiving meal
but it included TWO turkeys! No one went away hungry either before or during
the contest.  Our thanks to W0NB who took on the challenges of makeing sure we
were all fed.

But the real thanks to to the Caribbean Contesting Consortium membership that
help keep this world class station on the air.  Without their support this
would not be possible.  And of course thanks to all those that provided QSOs -
some on all bands - and others on single bands.

We are already planning our strategy for next year.