[3830] NCCC Sprint W6YX(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W6YX(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 21:32:51 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Dec 9

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   3      1
   80:  10      5
   40:  13     10
   20:   8      6
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  34     22  Total Score = 748

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We were busy setting up for the 10m contest this weekend,
but of course I got on for the start of a new ladder!

Great fun, but signals were so weak at the start on 20m
and 40m that I stopped to go examine the antenna connections.
I guess I was spoiled by the great summer conditions.

20m was weak and few strong signals. Even the locals weren't
loud. Same problem on 40m, event though it was my best band
tonight. 80m was a struggle, but provided a few. And pleasantly,
160m provided three Californians, yeah!

So, not any record-breaking score, but a fun start to the
winter ladder.

W6YX MIKE CA (op K6UFO)

W6YX Stanford University:
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft