[3830] CQWW CW VP2EAT(VE3IKV) SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3ikv@cogeco.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VP2EAT(VE3IKV) SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:16:23 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VP2EAT
Operator(s): VE3IKV
Station: VP2EAT

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: Anguilla, B.W.I.
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1709    27       90  Total Score = 508,599

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I ran Single-Op Single-Band Low Power Unassisted on 10 meters only as VP2EAT
from Anguilla, B.W.I.

1,709 QSOs on ten the old-fashioned way, using a paper log and a keyer. I burnt
through two ball-point pens and a 9V battery, heh heh.

Had to knock off early Sunday afternoon at 1800Z due to a bad tropical
lightning storm that went on for hours and flooded the roads all over the
island all that night & the next day.  Antenna was an elevated monoband 5/8
lambda vertical with 5/8 lambda radials.  EZNEC simulation showed a radiation
take off angle at around 8 degrees elevation and 5dBi gain.  I would have done
better with some smoke, but I was very happy with the antenna â?" nice and
quiet due to the grounded feedpoint.  Location was on the north side of
Anguilla beside salt water with a clear shot to EU/NA.  Would have cracked 2K
Qs on ten except for having to QRT Sunday afternoon because of the storm. 73,
Pete VE3IKV