[3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:13:18 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 26:47

   CW: 1861   148
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1861   148  Total Score = 1,101,712

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

What a horse race !

Watched www.getscores.org intently !

Chased VE1OP for two days, wondering how his mults would skyrocket @ times,
only to realize later I think he was packet assisted. HI

First day was fraught with disaster here @ home, so missed 5 mins here, 10 mins
there.

Went head to head with AA3B for the entire 2nd day...hardly got out of the
chair, but did allow 15mins for lunch on 2nd day....after lunch spent 45 mins
or more tuning the band looking for mults, but only got one....big waste of
time.  Bad move....

Prop.  First day-blah, but did really enjoy being called by VU2BGS and V51YJ -
thanks a lot guys--a real treat for me !  Some real loud OH6's - wow

Second day prop....had some early morning Es to W2/W8 which was kinda nice to
fill in a few holes, but went entire contest and never heard DE...what's up
with that? HI Band closed early 2nd nite...couldn't hardly Attract anyone's
attention from out west.

Very few XE's on--shame, as had a nice path to XE most of 2nd day.

Not too many complaints.  It is what it is... My limp lampcord Charlie-Brown
Xmas tree wire ground plane seems to be holding its own and I never set it on
fire, so I guess that's a good thing.

Thanks all !

Mike VE9AA, eh?

IC-746, 500W, wire ground plane, base @ 33', N1MM, VK-64 keyer and laptop
that's NOT interfaced with radio,.....CW sent by hand, except CQ's...can't move
left arm...hard to type now....ugh....ahhh