[3830] ARRL 10 K4TD SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rnwalker@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K4TD SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 17:32:49 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 23.75

   CW: 1700   150
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1700   150  Total Score = 1,020,000

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First effort from my QTH since probably 2009.  Felt good to get back on the air
and contest again. Many thanks to KY5R for his help in troubleshooting
lightening damage to the station.

Thanks for all the QSO's, I certainly appreciate them.  I really enjoyed the JA
runs on both days.  Those guys are awesome in pileups, and they really seem to
get the importance of proper response to the sending of call sign fragments.
Signals to JA were stronger the second evening (at least from here).  Lots of
interesting QSO's on both days.  The one that sticks out most in my mind is
when I was called by VU2BGS in the middle of a morning EU pileup.  He was so
loud that he sounded like the other EU's that were calling me.  The other Q
that stands out in my mind was when DV1/JO7KMB called me in the middle of a JA
pileup.  I was obviously delighted with receiving both of those calls.  I can't
imagine how interesting this contest will get as conditions improve.

Very 73 and Happy Holidays,

Rick
K4TD