[3830] ARRL 10 W7TVC(@K2PO) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W7TVC(@K2PO) M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:59:32 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W7TVC
Operator(s): WS7L, W8NF, AD7OG, K2PO, KD7VIK, AF8Z
Station: K2PO

Class: M/S LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   CW:  771   108
  SSB:  288    97
-------------------
Total: 1059   205  Total Score = 750,300

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Things have changed since 2009 when our best DX in the 10 meter contest was
about 30 miles. The band gets most of the credit for that of course, but we
also got an additional edge from the new tower & antennas at K2PO which upped
our 10 meter element count by about a factor of ten.

>From the US West Coast, we didn't get much of an opening to Europe, and zones
15-18 and 20-22 did not make it into our log at all. But the Americas and
Asia/Pacific were all strong, and we even worked several JAs off the back of
the beam in the afternoons. The addition of the Mexican states is a welcome
addition, bringing a lot of geographical interest and some more multipliers to
chase. I think we got a lot more XE participation, too.

Many thanks to Bill, K2PO, and Kristen for the hospitality.

73 and thanks for all the Q's. See you on the bands
The W7TVC team.